Monday, January 17, 2011

Baptism

Today Christian Jae-won received the sacrament of Baptism; therefore, becoming a member of our Church. It was a very long day for all three of us, but so worth every minute. Appa had already stayed up way past his bedtime straightening up around the house only to continue once breakfast was over and Omma went to the store. By the time I returned from hunting and gathering Appa was completely worn out and in desperate need of a nap - thankfully I came armed with a latte and ready to tackle the world.

While I prepared for our post sacramental gathering CJ spent most of the morning playing in his room - at my request. He did help make the family clam dip, and much enjoyed licking the spatula, before I returned him to his domain. I told myself there was no reason to feel guilty as he would be the center of attention for many hours later in the day.


Christian was blessed to have four grandmothers, two grandfathers, two uncles, and two aunts in attendance this afternoon. All adults were in agreement that Father Phil did an amazing job with the ceremony and were very impressed with our parish priest. We three already know how lucky we are. I'll pat my own back that CJ handled the water and oils well. I had spent a good deal of time trying to prepare him for the events of the day so he wouldn't freak out.

Most of the family was able to come over to the house after the ceremony. CJ enjoyed being the entertainment and getting to eat to his hearts content. As usual all parties were very impressed with how well behaved our little man is.

Not too long after godmother and godfather left, Appa and I helped my parents out by taking one of my grandmothers home. This also gave a chance for Mamaw and Papaw  (Appa's parents) to babysit their grandson for awhile. It was a true win-win. Appa and I enjoyed a Blizzard from Dairy Queen, an item we've missed having since bring home our lactose intolerant bundle, on the way home.

The after party
Getting into the Loot - Mamaw lends a hand
Before the big event - handing with Pops
Great Aunt Susan and Great Uncle George


Pass the Kiddo

CJ always appreciates Father Phil's attention - Anointing with Oil

In the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
 



We ended the day with take-out Chinese and football. As the game came to an end Mamaw and Papaw said good-byes and I took little man to bed. After such a busy day, without his usual nap, he was more than ready. After reading two books, and three pages of his toddler bible, we move on to his nightly prayers and a new word....as I finished the first prayer with an "Amen" he repeated after me. His was more of an "anen" but the meaning was obvious. I gave him a huge hug and said it again - he repeated. I bet I don't have to tell you that I read a few more prayers than normal this evening, and yes he said amen each time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog----Your comments make my day!