Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Roadtrip

This weekend the three of us will take our first road trip across our great state. I hope this doesn't ruin CJ for the car seat forever. As it stands he doesn't mind getting in the car. I don't know if that will still be the case after his 5 hour stint this coming Friday.

I have already done most of the packing because tomorrow is the school Christmas party and I am getting to attend. I believe I have everything we will need, but I am sure we will find that I have forgotten something. That being said I have already filled four bags.

Appa is working at a different campus from me on Friday and they get out a bit latter. As opposed to riding through rush hour we plan to come home for play time, dinner, and bath before getting in the car. This should mean that CJ falls asleep for most of the ride up. It will be the Saturday trip to Great-grandma's (2 hours each way) and the Sunday ride home (we are trying to take advantage of nap time) that will be the ultimate tests.

Please think of us this weekend as we test ourselves. This will not be for the faint of heart!

2 comments:

  1. Don't let anyone tell you it is bad to drug your kid! A little benadryl is ok and will make him a lil sleepy. That is a long car ride for such a small child to be restrained. Bless your lil hearts. Just be glad he is still in diapers. The stopping to see every bathroom on the way is not fun. Miss Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well we are back now. It was very painful for him. Basically 5 hours per day for 3 days in a row. Poor little guy. He seems super happy to be on his couch, in his Appa's lap, reading a book before bedtime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog----Your comments make my day!